rss
email
twitter
facebook

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Lonely King



Quoted from Wikipedia :

He became the subject of increasingly sensational reports. In 1986, The National Enquirer published a series of photographs of him lying in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, claiming that he slept in the chamber to slow the aging process.[43] When Jackson bought a chimpanzee called Bubbles from a laboratory, it was reported as an example of increasing detachment from reality.[44] In 2003, the singer claimed that Bubbles had been trained to use the toilet and to clean his own bedroom.[43] Later, it was reported that he had offered $1 million for the bones of Joseph Merrick, the "Elephant Man."[45] The reports became embedded in the public consciousness, inspiring the nickname "Wacko Jacko." Despite Jackson's insistence that the reports were completely invented, a biographer said in 2004 that Jackson's publicists had leaked the rumors to the press for promotional reasons.[46] Jackson remarked to a reporter:

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth."


That two paragraph of a Wiki article state about how powerful media can be. And who knows it the most? People like Michael Jackson. Hffffhhh...sedih banget ngedengerin lagu Childhood-nya the King of Pop ini. He is indeed a lonely person. No one understand him. Everyone judging him.

Rest in peace MJ.

No comments: